TESTED AND TRUSTED SEXUAL POSITIONS ...Useful tips for women

Thursday, December 8, 2011

'LATE ALEX IBRU BUILT HIS TOMB 16 YEARS AGO' -Babatope

Late Alex Ibru

Late founder and Publisher of the Gaurdian newspaper, Alex Uruemu Ibru, before his death built his tomb at his hometown, Agbarha-Otor, in Ugheli Local Government Area of Delta State.
Ibru, who died on Nvoember 20, 2011 built the tomb 16 years ago, according to former Minister of Aviation, Ebenezer Babatope.
Babatope, who spoke in an interview at the venue of an Iroko fiesta dinner/dance performance put together by his long-time friend, Kola Balogun, in Lagos said: “In 1995, when Alex and I, left Abacha government, I went with him to his hometown (Agbarha-Oto) and there, which he prepared for himself 16 years ago at a chapel at the back of his main house.
“I went with Alex Ibru to his home town for about two weeks and something happened. He took me on tour of his compound, at the back of his main house, he had built a chapel and there he said to me 'Ebino, this is the spot I have chosen to be buried after my death', and I said to him, 'Alex, are you not afraid to say this is where you are going to be buried?'
“That decision by Alex inspired me to follow suit by emulating how he has prepared his final resting place at his hometown.
“Upon my return home from Agbarha-Otor to Ilesha, I copied my friend, Alex. So I told my wife, if I drop dead today, I showed her a portion of land where I should be buried.”
Babatope, who recalled his long-time friendship with Ibru, explained that throughout Ibru's tenure as minister of internal affairs, in the late Abacha administration, he never dabbled in the affairs of The guardian and he made no attempt to influence the newspaper to publish any material that was favorable to the government.
According to him, late Ibru was one of the Ibrus that placed his community first among its equals in Nigeria and the world as a whole, adding, “His community and the nation are proud of him.”

No comments: